Monday, April 25, 2016

Do What You Love

In all my dreams, I could have never imagined I would get to do something that I truly enjoy for a living.  I know everyone tells you that if you do what you love the money will follow, but how often does that really happen?  Out of all of the people that you personally know, how many of them love their jobs? 

I will turn 30 in just over 1 year, and I can say that I know very few people who love their jobs.  I know people who like their jobs, but they truly wish they could be doing something else.  Well, not me.  Now don't get me wrong, I've always enjoyed my work and the people I work with, but I've always felt as if something were missing.

I don't feel that way anymore.  I work just as hard now as I have ever worked, but now I am working for myself.  I haven't figured out how to make a ton of money, but I didn't set out to make a ton of money.  I set out to enjoy what I do.  I've got that.  The money will follow.  I'm sure of that.

My advice.  Figure out what it is that makes you happiest in life.  Do that.  Don't give up on doing just that.

No comments: