Saturday, April 16, 2016

Pull up a seat - Let me tell you a story

I have a pretty good one for you today.  Alright, so let's set the scene....  *dream like music and stuff*


So, there I was sitting in my car with my husband.  We were driving to the city, taking our kids to the Medieval Fair.  WOOHOO!  This was going to be fun!  It was a cold day, not much sun, but we both had the day off work.  No complaints.


As we are driving along, it just popped out.  The biggest question I had ever asked.  I couldn't even believe it.  Once it was out there, I couldn't real it back in.  "What if I put in my 2 weeks notice on Monday?"


Silence.


Deafening silence.


Except for the Youtube video my 5 year old was watching.  Which really wasn't very silent.


"Well, I don't suppose that would be a bad thing completely."


*exhale*


Ok, so it was out there.  The cards were on the table.  My desires were known.  I mean, he is my husband so of course he has known that I hated was unhappy with my 8-5 desk job, but I hadn't broached the subject so fully and so completely all at once before. 


I was a bit surprised by his reaction to be honest.  What would we do to replace my income?  How would we travel?  How would we EAT?! 


The truth is, we still aren't 100% sure what we are going to do to replace my income.  What we do know is that I have 1 day left at my job!  I have also lost 12 pounds since I put in my 2 weeks notice.  I feel like most of that is the stress leaving my body. 


Now, instead of waking up and going to a desk job, I get to wake up and do this!  I get to do what I truly enjoy.  I also got this amazing yoga ball for a chair instead of a "normal" chair.  My biggest problem with it so far is that I don't sit still long enough to type an entire blog post.  But that's ok because the only boss that is going to scold me for it is me!

No comments: